STRUCTURED TEACHING LEVEL I TRAINING
Educating Professionals About Autism
June 25 thru July 1, 2016
Held at The Timothy School – Berwyn, PA
The TIM Academy has been providing this training to professionals in the application of Structured Teaching for over a decade. This intensive weeklong program provides practical hands-on experience for educators, therapists, and parents working with children on the autism spectrum.
The TIM Academy advocates the use of research based methods including: Structured Teaching, ABA, Picture Exchange communication Systems, and Sensory integration.
This “Structured Teaching” workshop encourages professionals to understand and assess the characteristics of autism for each child and then develop instructional strategies to support and promote learning. This intensive week-long seminar provides teachers and other professionals with an overview of structured teaching, and the chance to see it in action by working directly with students of different ages and developmental skills in a demonstration classroom.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe and understand the characteristics of autism
- Explain classroom assessment
- Demonstrate the components of structured teaching
- Understand how to work with families of children with autism
- Describe and address communication difficulties of children with autism
- Explain independence, social, leisure and vocational instruction
- Describe behavior management strategies related to autism
FEE: $1,550.00 - The fee includes binder with all training materials and supplemental reading, daily continental breakfast and snacks throughout the day. The TIM Academy will provide lunch to all
participants on Thursday.
Register today at:
Please contact the TIM Academy to discuss multiple participant discounts!